Monday 19 January 2009

Yonex Armortec 700

Ok so Yonex did release a new racket quite a while back - The yonex armortec 700. Well I have got the limited edition one - the yonex armortec 700 limited.

First things first - people always are impressed when they see the drags along it , the paint job is truly well done on this racket.

When playing with it , It does take some time to get used to the head heavyness. It is the most head heavy racket made in Yonex's range. This racket is stiff.

When smashing it felt like a dream , the racket just flew so quickly - and smashing was good for me. (I think the dragons that run along the side of the racket might make it better) But on the other hand defending was hard. The racket just felt so different when defending. Drives etc were all good , and I think this racket is a really good racket. The net play was average , but when going for a quick kill at the net took a bit longer.

I think this racket is more suitable for singles , because you get a lot of power and you can be a bit lazier than normal because clearing is easier.

Overall: I think the racket was quite a fantastic one. The smashing was great - almost magical.
But on the downside the defending was harder than normal. Also I felt that net kills did take quite a long time.
********
Rating : 8.5
********

No comments:

Post a Comment