Monday 19 January 2009

VICTOR Ripple Power 11

This , is one of my 3 VICTOR badminton rackets.

There wasn't a lot of technical stuff - This is all I could find:

Rigid longbody racket with our ripple power technology.
Shape: Isometric
Weight: 95g
Flexibility: Stiff
Price:£60
Thats the technical stuff ^ ^ but it never makes a difference right? The only way to find out how good a racket is , is to play with it!
I really enjoyed playing with this racket. It has a head heavy balance. Clearing was reasonably easy.The normal racket I play with is a Muscle Power 88 (Which by the way I picked up for only £30 from one of my friends) because of this it took a couple minutes of back to back clears to get used to. My first match I played where I was surprised with the power it produced , even shocking the opponents. My net play was a bit weak with it although I did quite a few astonoshing cross courts with it. After finishing I showed the racket around to everyone - and got quite good feedback. The racket felt a bit "hollow" compared to my MP 88.

Overall - I like the racket and think that it has really good power. Lots of friends also tried it and I recieved quite good feedback from it , with one of the other players really liking it and wanted to buy one due to the reasonable price.The net play was hard to adjust. I still feel like the 'feel' of the racket was 'hollow' but it does vary from person to person.The strings were only 20lbs , my normal is 25lbs-27lbs so that did make a lot of difference also they were only factory strings.

I would rate this a 7/10 - the good things were its reasonably quick time to get used to the racket. The good power and if I have to say O.K looks. On the downside - the net play wasn't as good as I hoped it to be. And the 'feel' was a bit strange. My verdict : A good doubles racket with lots of power and with a reasonable price tag I think it is a good racket overall.

*******
7/10
*******

Amazing Counters
LL Bean Furniture

No comments:

Post a Comment